Thursday, April 2, 2009

When you're broke, what do you do? See more shows!

Saw Godspell at The Ivoryton Playhouse this evening - it was a delightful rendition, though it's always strange to watch a show you've already done, especially if it's a very different version. Made me ache to do it again. And their voices were kind of sort of amazing. The Equity actors helped a little bit, I'm sure.

Going to NYC to see West Side Story on Saturday - should be a wonderful time, even if we get horrendously shitty seats like when I saw In The Heights. West Side is a classic, man - and there will be some serious dancing, which I'm excited about. I always hope I can get better at dancing through some form of visual osmosis. If only it worked that way.

Making progress in the theatre department at the university. Was nominated for two Board positions and one Crew Management position - I'm not sure I'll accept all the nominations, however, but the fact that I was thought of and seconded is flattering. And I'd like to get more involved anyway. Maybe I could be Secretary. Treasurer just sounds like it might kill me.

I'm being totally miserable about putting up that article I keep saying I will. Not like anybody is too terribly interested. Think the Spotlight would get more traffic if I stopped telling my theatre journey stories and just put up lessons? But that was never the point - the point was how to get where I'm going, and everything that entails, beginning to end.

Must practice monologue for Acting 1. Must figure out college.

No comments:

Post a Comment