Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jiggity Jig

Just returned to NYC after almost a week back home. I've never been so reluctant to leave my family before - clearly this long term not visiting thing is a bit much for me. I MISS MY KITTIES. I'm already trying to plan my next venture home, but who knows when that will happen. My schedule is extremely limiting in regards to more than a few days away from the city.

Had the children's show this morning. It was an interesting experience, I wanted to make note of it before I forget.

We had at least 10 kids, which was a big deal, since the most we've had is 3, and they were very interactive and sounded like they loved it. But what made me really perk up was after the show, when we sit out and talk to the kids and parents, one of the women asked if I did such and such pirate show, because she thought she recognized me. I want to do a pirate show. Hell yes please! And I had convinced at least two of the parents that my characters, the fox and the pig, were played by two different people. Good to know character work is effective even under low budget scenarios.

I'm exhausted. I do have to run out and get bread and milk, though. It might be beans and onions for a good while, methinks. But grilled cheese is a possibility too. So I need bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment