Monday, January 12, 2009

A Prayer for Us. Amen.

(One entry a day is a bit much for a self-professed blog hater, but a moment like this is why I made one in the first place.)

A he-said she-said that helped me understand what it is I'm doing with my life. I've bolded particularly profound thoughts.



HIM: it's just, and this is corny and i never thought i'd say something like this about a musical theatre song, but like this is exactly the reason i do what i do
HIM: making something out of nothing The need to express- To communicate,To going against the grain, Going insane, going mad

ME: it's not corny to someone who knows exactly what you're feeling, haha
ME: to starving for attention, hating convention, hating pretention
ME: for people like us it's not just a passion, it is part of the fibre of our souls - we couldn't not do it even if we wanted to. We create because if we didn't, we would destroy.

HIM: ya
HIM: and even then
HIM: i want to destroy everything you believe and make you rethink it

ME: destruction is a form of creation - I would destroy myself if I couldn't do what I do. Artists are so fucked up, but man, we are awesome at being fucked up. We have perfected being fucked up. We make it look easy and classy and beautiful.

HIM: haha
HIM: amen

ME: amen

1 comment: