Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer

Finals are complete, out-of-towners are hopping planes back home, and my head is spinning. Lots to update on. I have so much packing to do.

As I said, I got a summer internship at Barbara McNamara Casting, so that will be starting up within a week or so. I have some paperwork to fill out in order to get summer credit for it, but I'm working on it as best I can without a working printer.

As of five seconds ago, I was just assigned summer housing over in Union Square, so I have a phone call for mum and dad, actually.

I'm waiting on a final acting evaluation from Ms. Shay, and it's making me quite anxious. My other teachers had final conferences, and all of them said basically what I assumed they would say, but since I identify as an actress who sings, my acting work is something I truly prize and I am dying to find out if all of my work this semester has paid off.

Been inspired by a friend of mine to write these past few days. I'd have preferred it if the "inspiration" hadn't happened, but hey, life is art. So far the working titles of my ideas are The Toy Box and Martyrology. If I don't get much of them done this summer, I can work on one or both of them in my Playwriting class next year. Hooray. :)

I saw Billy Elliot on Broadway the other night, which was lovely and very inspiring, since I'm still mediocre at dancing. Watching these children and adults prance around with so much love for the art of dance was just amazing, and I'm going to work hard to maintain my fitness and what dance moves and warm-ups I can do.

I have an audition for a play called Turtleback High tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well. I'd like to finally get my butt back onstage.

Looking forward to my first summer away from home - it feels weird not going home, but it's nice, having something to do here in the city. I'm going to load up on theatre, that's for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment