Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blizzard Benedict

Blizzard Benedict has assaulted the east coast, and, with the five foot snowdrifts created by the plow, I'm creating a snow dragon in my driveway. Hooray for winter and all its loveliness.

This super fun snow has also locked me into my house, since most of town is shut down and the roads are awful. NYC is much better than before, however, so one I get back to the Big Apple things should be just fine. Cold, but fine. I have two pairs of earmuffs. I am prepared.

Update on my poor tympanic membrane; after a few doctor visits, the damage has been determined and the fix has been scheduled. When I was younger I had a buttload (scientific unit of measurement, there) of ear infections, and my eardrum did perforate a tiny bit at one point due to infection. Because of that, there was a weakened point on the membrane, unknown to me, and somehow when I got water in my ear the other night the pressure shift must have been just too much and blew in about 25% of my ear drum. I've lost some hearing in the lower registers, but hopefully it will all be fixed.

Monday I'm having a tympanoplasty, which is very minor surgery, but the recovery period required will make dorm living very difficult for a while. It's not really a big deal, kind of routine surgery, in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't make me feel too much better. I'm nervous, I won't lie. I'm very worried about how I'm going to get along at school, since I'm out of shape as it is and now I'm also slightly broken.

I'll leave you with an article I post without comment. Merely something to observe about the world of international theatre. Hedda Gabler banned in Tehran. Click to read.

Much love from the Harlequin.

No comments:

Post a Comment