Thursday, January 20, 2011

Post-Op

Surgery was a success - some subdermal tissue has now been reformed into my eardrum, and as exciting as the prospect of a healed hearing apparatus is, there is a long road in front of me.

I'm staying at home for an extra week to heal and hopefully get the worst of this behind me. My ear does hurt quite a bit, and I'm of the suspicion that my hardcore pain meds are making me nauseous. Either that or the antibiotics are affecting my stomach unpleasantly. It's hard to eat because moving my jaw too much makes my ear hurt more. As much as I want to go back to NYC, as much as it breaks my heart that I can't start my classes with my friends on time, I know that this is ultimately the best thing for me right now.

Even when I do go back, I won't be able to dance for a few weeks, and singing will also be too strenuous on the muscles of my jaw and face to risk it while healing. It's incredibly sad knowing that I'm so limited, but I can only hope that I have a speedy recovery and that I'll be back before too long.

So I lounge on the couch, trying to relax and let myself heal without getting too upset in the meanwhile. I've got lots of love, and hopefully lots of stuff to keep me occupied. I might stop into the city just to put some of my stuff in my room and meet my roommate.

I'm going to cuddle with my ginormous stuffed dog and eat a muffin. Comfort at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment