Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NO +

I felt my soul under my skin in class the other day. I like art. I also think my subconscious is in the shape of a bronze Egyptian mau.

I would share all my glorious teachings about chakra work and lower self work and internal discovery and how the human experience is to seek love and acceptance, and art is a linear route to that, and blah blah blah

BUT

academia sets her glorious Chanel heel down square on my eardrum and says "EXCUSE ME, PRIVATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT, but you think you can get away from the stricture of culture so easily?" And so, syllabi stalk the halls, grades begin to loom in a very non-liberal arts college sort of way, and curriculi begin to swirl and seethe as foaming tablets of ADJUSTMENT get dropped in every other week.


I'm still sick. Possible ear infection. More on that after what I hope will be a successful health center trip tomorrow. Along with being sick, I have three upcoming workshops to slide into my schedule, along with a current workshop this week during my acting classes in which I must memorize two extraneous monologues, along with my music memorization and primary scene memorization. Also still scuffing along the bottom in regards to music theory and those related classes, so studying and practicing piano and homework is essential, but when? Along with a final project and paper on CADA's "No +" movement for Latin American Theatre, and potentially a final paper for Contemporary American Playwrights, all in the next three weeks.

I'm losing my mind. Truly. My ear aches and I'm going insane.

Please watch the CADA video. Political activism has such an artistic quality to it. I love it. I'm making t-shirts for my project. NO + means No mas, or No more.

NO + NO + NO + NO + NO + NO + NO + NO +

No comments:

Post a Comment