Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Say Yes

By The Way, Meet Vera Stark, Second Stage Theatres. Twenty dollar student rush, with, of course, the ineffable Raji again (what am I going to do with my free time when he returns to the West Coast? GASP.)

I'll keep this brief - it's late, and I have class at 8:30 tomorrow morning, but it's something I have to share. Another stage door adventure, this time with Stephanie J. Block. Her advice to us, as she watched us sincerely from under the brim of her Mets hat, was "say yes to everything." Every opportunity, every benefit, every free thing, every class, absolutely everything, say yes, because that's how you meet people, that's how you make that one connection who will remember you and call you someday in the future and say would you like to do this project? Say yes to the work.

XO, Stephanie - thank you. I have a warm glow inside and it's because I know this is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment