Thursday, February 24, 2011

Anahata

Interesting day at studio, today. A quick briefing.

Dance remains elusive, and it digs at my core in a very nasty way. I don't know what else I can do but keep trying. It hurts so much to be corrected by classmates and watch their eyes try to shield their impatience with going so slowly.

I want to show off my new Eskrima doce pares skills - I feel like a jedi.

I enjoy acting like a zombie and/or possessed.

Next up in the character building, Hedda Gabler. I'm thrilled.

Music theory = math.

And the big eye-opener lesson of the day involves that gorgeous symbol up above. In my particular acting class, we are working on what is called the Energy System of Acting, or ESA. It's not as famous as Stanislavsky or Meisner or what have you, and it ties directly into yogic work. I had never heard of energy work being used in terms of acting, but now that we've begun, it seems so obvious.

Tapping into each of the innate energies of the chakras within ones self and reaching the essential neutral state can make even the most taxing roles a healing process. My chakras have a lot of healing to be done. The third and fourth in particular. After working specifically with the third, today (which is not that green symbol, but I prefer green more than yellow), I developed a deep ache right on my solar plexus for almost no reason. No physical reason, anyway. I'm waiting for a response, but I think I just discovered through experience that the energies of my body are directly tied to the physical reaction that my physical body has.

It's thrilling, but I'm terrified of that green chakra. There is a bunker of iron built around it, and I can feel it and feel myself hiding it and protecting it. But to get where I want to be, it's going to have to open up like some stubborn ass butterfly.

Off to do some studying, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment