Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweet Dreams are Made of This

I'm finally awake enough to type, but I'm still partially in that sleep state. Things from yesterday feel like a dream. This feeling keeps happening and I'm wondering what it means.

Anyway, about a dream. What I recall, anyway. ((I guess I'm not so awake, I'm still having an incredible amount of difficulty typing words with their correct spelling...))

None of this is in order, I just need to type before I forget.
_____

In a house, not my own, but it was a castle too, above the streets of a not-quite-urban-not-quite-suburban location. Two characters from a previous dream, I remember them, don't know why. Jack and this other young man who looks like a kid from my old school but who has a Shakespearian name in my dream. My mom was cooking in the kitchen. The house/castle kept getting smaller when I changed rooms, the layout wasn't the same, but I didn't recognize this in my dream.

We're down on the streets and all of a sudden it's a gang war - this mass of gang members dressed in Revolutionary War-esque clothes came out of nowhere saying stuff about how they were finally going to get us. They had uzis and AK-47s. Me, Jack and Shakespeare kid are running around holding the peace, knowing bullets are about to go flying.

I'm back in the house suddenly, wanting to be on the streets fighting. We're in the dining room, which is lined floor to ceiling with old portraits. The windows look down on the street. The walls are a dark green. I'm upset about something, and I give Jack a piece of paper with a postsecret image printed on it. I say I found it, but I know that I made it in another dream long forgotten. It says something to the effect of "I know you actually want to love Hamlet," which suddenly became Shakespeare kid's name. Shakespeare kid/Hamlet is laughing at it, like, what is that all about. He has a headdress on, rough and handmade, of golden horns and furs. Jack is confused and also semi-laughing. He reads it as "I know you actually want to hurt Hamlet." I can't correct him because he can't know it's mine. Jack is also wearing some kind of headdress, similar to Hamlets, but not the same.

I have flashbacks to another dream in a different room with portraits, and there was a fight, and something happened to Hamlet when Jack threw something at him or hit him, and it was in slow motion and it was just a memory.

Suddenly I'm trying to get outside the house, because I can see the fight on the streets below, and Jack is down there, Hamlet may or may not be there, I'm not sure, I feel like he's in the house with me but I never see him or speak to him. I can't leave the house - the doors and windows have been locked with Sharpie markers jammed in all of the locks from the outside. My mom, still in the kitchen, asks me what I'm doing, and I'm trying to tell her I have to get out there but I can't, Jack locked me in so I wouldn't get hurt.

I'm back in the portrait room looking at the windows, which are locked, when this weird montage of understanding starts to happen, a la Da Vinci Code. A portrait appears in my head, awkward and patched together, but the headdress is the one Hamlet is wearing. The portrait says something. I know the golden horns are important. Another portrait appears in my head, this one of a strange, patched together girl, looking at me with Bette Davis eyes and a small, lipless mouth with large gap teeth. On her head is a headdress/hat with a raven in it. Flash to a medieval woodcut of a woman, and the raven skull in her hair is pointed out to me with gold light. It means something. Someone is wearing that hat, is that Ophelia?

I start to wake up at this point, so nothing continues.
____

What does this weird shit mean. I've been having unsettling dreams a lot lately, and I don't understand because they're too cryptic to make sense of.

No comments:

Post a Comment