Sunday, July 17, 2011

Southern in the Kitchen

It's been days since I've done my yoga/dance morning workout. I feel like a lardcake and it makes me very unhappy. I've also been eating more than I normally do, so I'm worried I'm going to screw up all the work I've been doing this summer to tone my body. So after this I will do a nice hard session and I'll feel better. Yes.



Thank you, unicorn, for showing this to me. Now she makes me happy and weepy all at the same time. Art keeps paralleling my life. And I'm okay with that.

Tech begins today for the festival at my internship. I keep being told by family and close friends I'm getting too invested in how much this place is frustrating me and disappointing me, and I know it shouldn't shock or surprise me anymore, but it still does. I guess I just don't have it in me to stop fighting for my high standards. I've never understood apathy or giving up. I don't know if I ever will.

Luckily I've found some people who have helped me make it through these past few agonizing months, who are running their skulls into the same brick walls I am, and we share our anger and we drink together and bond over how much better we are for doing it and then leaving this place. Cheers.

I went home for about 36 hours to see HP7 with my family. All hell broke loose at the internship while I was gone, but I wouldn't trade having movie night with my parents and unicorn for anything in the world. It was so worth every minute of train time and headache and frustration. I miss them very much. Home is quite wonderful.

Speaking of home, the apartment search is full steam ahead, but on pause for a week or so, since I'm waiting for the right move-in date to show up so I can go look at potential places. I want to move. I want my own place. I really want my own bedroom, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. I want to decorate. CAN I DECORATE PLEASE THANK YOU.

Also got new jeans. The hole in my heart (and my butt) has been healed, thanks to mama. :)

Wishing for some peace of mind and some love of soul, and all the same for you, dear reader. <3

2 comments:

  1. Totally dug your song and I liked how you ended your blog. I think this next year is really going to rock. It is going to be here before we know it and be gone the same way. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have compatriots in the fight for standards. I feel like there's a little group of us at my theatre here that are always charging the line of idiocy. And it seems that the people who should be helping us the most are always the generals of our opposition. My thoughts and prayers are with you all in our continuing struggle to be professional when others just don't seem to give a damn.

    ReplyDelete