Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tower Defense

I think I'm in the middle of a silent battle for the integrity of my own work, and I have this burning, all consuming, violent need to protect my play. I may not have maternal instincts in terms of human children, but when it comes to my creative work I feel like a poked honey badger. Go look up honey badgers, if you don't think that's a big deal.

Someone is, once again, threatened by my devotion to my art.

Seriously? Seriously.

Their threatened state is threatening my play, Rewind, and I'm not okay with that. Take your issues out on me and me alone, not the condition of my play. Do not ignore me. Do not shut me out of the creative process. Do not get passive-aggressive with me. I don't play passive. I play aggressive. Do not try to turn the cast against me. And above all, do not think I will step back when you do these things, because you have seriously underestimated who I am and how strongly I feel for my art.

Honey badger. Honey. Badger. Bitch.

This internship may not ultimately matter, but do not, under any circumstance, fuck with my art. Don't even go there. Because I will not play nice anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment