Sunday, September 11, 2011

Insidious

So, this isn't really a news flash of any kind, considering my personality and disposition, but HOLY CRAP THIS BUSINESS GIVES ME ANXIETY ISSUES.

Auditions stress me out; must pick perfect material, must have enough material to choose from, must have perfect performance of material for particular audition, must have perfect outfit to project perfect image, must have perfect entrance to the audition room, must not overanalyze post-audition.

Let's say I manage not to fuck up the majority of the previous requirements in drastically irreversible ways -THEN comes what I have diagnosed as SOPAAD: Sudden Onset Post-Audition Anxiety Disorder. (This may or may not be indicative of actual anxiety issues, but I am my own doctor, dammit) Symptoms include nervousness, irritability, fidgeting, headaches, discomfort, and frequent checking of email and social networking communications in the hopes that the cure will arrive any minute now.

I become positively beastly sometimes, and depending on the SOPAAD trigger, the levels of my bestial behavior can vary from occasional obvious sighing to general fussing and pacing all the way to sudden sharp outbursts that may or may not take the form of actual words. They can be interpreted as growling.

JUST EMAIL ME YOU STUPID CASTING DIRECTORS A;LSKDNFA;UGUAERJNAAO[WEIH

No comments:

Post a Comment