Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spurs in my intercostals

I'll keep this brief and to the point, with a tidbit or two I have to share from my first few days back at the madhouse known as NYU Tisch NSB. It feels wonderful to be finding a groove again.

Ceiling patched - room rearranging to commence when they prime the plaster. Yay for clean spaces.

I'm taking capoeira now, and holy hell does my body hurt. I have never felt muscle pain like this in my life. All my summer workouts probably saved me from complete physical collapse, but they didn't prepare me for the madness that is this art form. Standing hurts, sitting hurts, lying down hurts, breathing too deep hurts - and I can't figure out how to stretch my butt to make it loosen up!

I need to get a chiropractor and a physician to work on my back and figure out what's up with my hips, since both of those physical features are causing me severe issues already.

I have my starting schedule for my new job at Halloween Adventure NYC - but this did take away an opportunity for a new reading I was supposed to take part in. It's a give and take, and I'm disappointed, but grateful for what I do have right now.

A note on acting from my new acting teacher, Kent Gash, specifically on the topic of crying and being able to cry onstage, as prompted by a fellow classmate:

"Nobody in life ever tries to cry - we're always trying not to cry. That's what it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment