Sunday, September 25, 2011

Store In A Cool, Dry Place

And NYC is NOT a cool, dry place. Damned humidity and lingering summer ick.

Been hella busy around here - insanely busy. Everyone in my studio is getting sick, and I'm just praying I can balance everything enough to remain healthy, because getting sick is the absolute last thing I can deal with right now.

Some updates on the Life.

- Studio 30 hours a week
Capoeira
Physical Acting
Jazz
Ballet
Tap
Song Performance
Collaboration class with the Graduate Musical Theatre Writing program
Sight Singing
Music Theory
Keyboards
Speech
Acting

- Auditions for school productions
(Fruitless, as of yet.)

- Work
Halloween Adventure NYC 12 hours a week (and it's getting wild in there...)

- Academic Classes
Avant-Garde
(too much theoretical reading!!! SHUT UP WAGNER. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.)
Playwrighting Practicum
Yay creative writing :)

- Homework
Readings, writings, textbook work, projects, assigned shows to go see

-Sleep
Wait, what's that?

So, yeah. There's all that. Plus wanting to maintain friendships so finding time to visit with people. Plus extra stuff I want to do, like workshops with Audible.com and arranging auditions with them so I can try to be an audiobook narrator. Like readings for musicals (cheesy though they may be) and recordings of the numbers.

I've got a lot on my plate and it's beginning to take its toll, but all I can do is keep trying and hope for the best. My heart aches sometimes, just because I know life isn't slowing down and I've chosen to be this crazy and busy but I still miss being with people and having friends when I need them there. I miss Commando and Unicorn. I miss friends my own age. I love my studio friends so, so much, but they are only just 18, some of them, and I need my older friends. There is a very large difference between almost 19 and almost 22.

Sending all my love. Keep the strength, gotta keep fighting. Art is resisting me this year. I have Senioritis. I want my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment