Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teach Me

Straw Hat auditionees are announced tomorrow - crossing my fingers for some serious opportunities to open up.

Working on Bat Boy lines for the next few days. I'm leaving New Haven tonight, but I'll be back on Sunday to move back into my dorm and get ready for ACTF, one week from today. Today was an interesting day, to say the least.

And, in other news, some words that I'll never get to say, but need to be said.

"This is stupid. This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. This isn't about you - it's about the students. This is about the kids who come here, looking to learn - you should be trying to teach them and give them what they so desperately want, a chance and an education, not some pointless selfish feud. I came here to be taught by anyone who was willing to teach me. I still am. There should be no monarchy, no executioner! This is about teaching! Not pointing fingers, not sabotaging your fellow educators, but really giving the students the experience and help they want and need. I will not sit here and let you do this to anyone anymore. I want to learn from everyone. So stop this bullshit and teach me."

I've started to stop sitting quietly. Those particular words, however, will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment