Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ANTHROPOPHAGIZE IT, SUCKA

Just defeated an abysmal paper, so while I would like to celebrate, I have concluded that the appropriate celebration is to collapse and sleep for 10 hours straight. Which I will do, as soon as my bathroom is not occupied. Who knew that metaphorical conceptual cannibalism could be so damn boring? But I have conquered it, and I feel like shredding the textbook with my teeth while laughing and roaring my victory. I'm a bit tired, can't you tell?

It felt very good to be back in the swing of things, in spite of how exhausted I am. I got a little delirious and giddy, but overall it's nice to have some kind of direction to be going in. Though there was the female open call for the national tour of Rock of Ages today and I was thinking about that for much of the morning, but soon that fantasy passed and I was back to studying.

My audition and subsequent first round callback was a topic of much discussion in studio today. I am proud of my achievement, but I wish people would stop talking about it and making it a big deal. I try to be humble (and it was one little callback, so why shouldn't I be humble? It's not like I was just offered all of Broadway on a silver platter) about everything I do, and I mean, I don't know why I dislike their admiration so much, but I just want to keep it in perspective, and wish they could too.

The weather is wreaking havoc with my throat and general well-being. Pounding down the vitamin C and D and hoping I can battle my impulsive sugar cravings long enough to keep me healthy until the weather turns. I've started taking my allergy meds again as well, to beat pollen to the punch. No miserable, runny nose days for me. No sir.

Off to try and catch up on some sleep and let my body recharge. Lots more work to be done tomorrow; it never ends. Internship work is my priority, unless something comes up that demands my immediate attention. Which it very well might.

The name of the game is the peppermint twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment