Monday, March 7, 2011

Spotlight: Stephen Belber

Trying something new...

I'm taking a class called Contemporary American Playwrights, taught by Steven Drukman, and every week we have a different playwright come in to talk about some of their work. This week we had Stephen Belber, and because of my connection to my own production of The Laramie Project, I was deeply interested in what he had to say. I've been tape recording the class discussions, and I'm going to try and see if I can embed some of them here, should anyone be interested in listening to some first-hand playwright conversations.

It's a long discussion, and some of it is a bit muffled, but I think it's not a bad recording, considering I have no editing program. And he has some very interesting things to say about his work and Laramie.

No comments:

Post a Comment