Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Losing My Religion

Kind of an epic day. A lot happened - more than usual for a Tuesday.

Josette Bushell-Mingo: There are no words for the kind of power, charisma and talent that this woman has. Kent (the head of NSB) called her a "force of nature," and that is an understatement. I never, EVER believed I would like or appreciate Greek theatre, simply because it has always been taught to me in the most boring way possible. Josette has brought the Greeks to life with a passion I was overwhelmed by. Her passion makes my passion look like the fading fleck of the ashes of a cigarette next to a massive, raging, bright as day bonfire.

The stage, the playing space, the working space, the theatre is a church. It is more sacred than anything I have ever felt. I know what I believe in.

Aside from Josette's GLORIOUSNESS, I also talked to my acting teacher today about how my third chakra felt all knotted and tangled and awful, but it was doing all right now. After class she had me come over so she could feel my stomach and my back where my third chakra is, and she started to move her hands and manipulate the energy. I can't even describe what it was like - it was incredible. I could feel things loosening and shifting, and all of a sudden my back and my front felt connected in a way I'd never been aware of. Like there was air passing from behind me, through me, and out the front, and vice versa. I just stood there, trying to feel everything and let her move around me. She worked around my heart, then circled me, and I could feel things lighten up everywhere her hands moved. It was almost dizzying, I didn't know what to expect or why these things were happening, because she wasn't even touching me.

She had me open my eyes and asked me how I felt, so I told her I felt lighter all over, that all the pieces of me fit together. She explained that somehow, through my life, at some point when I was very small, I had developed a defense for my heart. When it would be hurt, or in danger of being hurt, or exposed, I would lock it up and shove it downwards, creating this crunch against my third chakra, which explains so much. The shield feelings, the knottedness, the pain. She told me to visualize roses, a giant rose wherever I needed protecting. Roses, white roses everywhere, to protect me, my shields that would let me be protected (because my energy feels like it needs to be protected, and will retreat and lock up in its effort to do so) without hurting myself. I hope I can keep this going. It was really amazing - I've never had reiki work done on me before.

And, the cherry on top of my day, Anthony Rapp substitute taught my song performance class.


Remember... CLICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment